What YOU Can Do For YOUR Business Today!
If you’re a small business owner, time is money, and there is quite often not enough of either! Balancing your daily schedule, managing employees, handling all the little things that only you can do and still having time to develop the “big picture” for your business can be daunting. So, where in this list is time for finding the right digital marketing solutions to reach more of your customers online!
Keeping it simple can help. Here is a list of 25 small business internet marketing tips that you can choose from…all one-off’s, meaning you can do just one as a stand-alone task. Most of these are small items (even writing a blog post doesn’t have to be a chore…keep it short: less is more!) and you can pick 1 or 2 a day to get you started!
- Write a blog post!
- Tweet a special!
- Post a short fact about your business or industry on FB with a link to a supporting article
- Comment on 3 Facebook posts made by someone who is an influencer in your industry
- Create an awesome Outlook email signature for your business – instructions here!
- Have an email list? Create a last-minute special and send it out!
- Add a coupon to your website and promote it on your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ accounts
- Read your website home page. Is it clear what you do? If not, edit that content!
- Referrals are the lifeblood of any thriving business! Don’t be shy…ask for them in a blog post, status update, or tweet!
- Add a Q & A or FAQ page to your website – even if you only start with 2-3 items
- Review your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ profiles and fill them out completely!
- Review your website and compare it to your competitors. Not measuring up? Ask for help updating your brand!
- Review the pricing listed on your site…is it current? If not, you know what to do!
- Have you added new products? Features? Create a new page for these and get the word out!
- Is your “About” page up to date? Add updated employee info, images, addresses or emails if necessary
- Calls to action: make sure they are clear and targeted!
- Add social media link icons to your website if they aren’t on there
- Google+. Nope, you can’t ignore it any longer. Create an account, fill it out completely, and contact me for assistance getting authorship for your blog!
- Submit your website to Yelp
- Review the footer on your website. Is it up to date with your business name, address, phone and email? Is the copyright date current?
- Is your business still using an email that is @aol.com or @facebook.com? Not to be rude, but…totally old school and turns customers off. Get a @yourbusinessname.com address.
- Take a good honest look at your mobile website. And try acting like a potential customer….how does it work?
- What are your page names looking like? If you have something like this: http://www.yourbusinessname.com/diff=283621022&oldid=283308287 it may be time to update your site!
- Review your website statistics to see where people are going to on your site, recent number of visits, how long visitors are staying (or not staying!)
- Write a guest blog for someone in your industry…this supports you as an authority and will send visitors to your site.
No longer can you simply put up a website and walk away – inbound marketing is the future, and investing in your website is a must. Even small businesses can bring a website – and a business – to the next level. We provide internet marketing services throughout the Adirondacks, Upstate NY, VT, MA and beyond. Call us today at (518) 222-6285 to find out more about our approach to your success, or contact us online.