Do-It-Yourself Internet Marketing: What (Who) You Need To Know!
Of course, in order to be a small business owner you have to have not only skill in your area of expertise, but that indefinable something that gives you the drive, determination and moxie to invest your heart and soul in your business. Literally. That often includes doing everything yourself, making you “chief cook and bottlewasher”, as the saying goes.
If that self-assignment approach carries to your website as well, what do you need to know?
For the small business, do-it-yourself internet marketing isn’t as easy as one might think, but knowing where to go for the right answers is half the battle. This Frustration Free Friday is all about your capabilities! These industry leaders know what you need to know about internet marketing strategies that will work for your online presence.
Here are some resources for you. These are industry experts who freely share their expertise at all levels. My recommendation for you is to pay attention to these people. Sign up for their blogs, follow them on social media, pay attention to what you see them do on their own websites. If you are overwhelmed and don’t know what they’re talking about, do more research. Learn first what you need to know, then dig deeper to gather the tools you need for your particular industry.
- Social Media Today: Tips and information on everything social, including Google+
- Amy Porterfield: The Queen of Facebook! She has a great blog and podcast.
- Duct Tape Marketing: Some free e-books and a blog to follow.
- Copyblogger: Everything you always wanted to know (or didn’t!) about blogging.
- Constant Contact: Great blog with all sorts of resources, including how to rule on Pinterest!
- Entrepreneur: Always some good stuff here!
- Forbes: Forbes actually has some good interviews and blogs from industry experts in internet marketing. Worth following.
It’s out there if you want it, and yes, it’s a lot of work, but that’s why you are going to call us when you need internet marketing help!