Facebook starred reviews have now been enabled for some business pages. Facebook has been experimenting with moving their 5-star ratings to a prominent position on the business page cover section for a while now. These reviews are quite visible, but only on businesses that use a physical address on their profile. Want to know how to review a Facebook business page? Here is how you do it:
- Go to the Facebook page you want to review (make sure they have a physical address listed…)
- Scroll down the right side of the page until you see the Reviews option:
- Submit the number of stars for your review and be sure to fill out the “What do you think about this place?” section.
- You can even decide who can see this review! You can mark it as public, or choose to share it with friends…you can even create a custom review.
- Hit “Review”…and you’re done!
As a Facebook owner, there are some things you should know:
- IF you have a physical address on your Facebook page, the review option is automatically enabled! The only way you can remove the review option is to remove your physical address from your page.
- You can NOT remove individual reviews.
- You must have a Facebook account in order to post a review
Good idea? Bad idea? If you are a company who has spent a lot of time, effort and money to provide excellent customer service and received good local reviews and lots of Facebook likes, is it possible one bad review from a random person could affect all of your hard work? We want to hear from you – what do you think Facebook starred reviews could mean to the future of this social media platform…and your business.