Local SEO tips can help your business understand and leverage the value of Google+ local listings. From manufacturing businesses in Glens Falls to Ticonderoga hotels, local SEO is a powerful tool for building your brand and becoming more highly visible in mobile search!
Google Places for Business
This is where you submit the business information that you want Google to share. Searchers can typically find you online with or without completing this, but this is where you have control over what information is served up. Your location, service, logo, business hours, contact information, images…even the types of payment you accept for your services. Once you claim and verify your listing, you can go back and update it whenever you need to.
If you are a local business, you must have a Google+ business page. No exceptions. This is what I like to call a “pro-social” account, although it is much more than that. Having an optimized and active Google+ business page can help you be found in the SERP’s (search engine results pages), and if done correctly you can improve your visibility and come out on top of your competition.
Local SEO Tips
- For both of these, fill the profile out completely – 100%. Every bit of information you can include, do so.
- ***Important: Make sure your name, business name, phone and address is exactly the same in every single listing as it is on your site. Can such a minor thing affect your results? Yup. Oh – and no PO boxes, just physical addresses.
- Images sell! Be sure to include as many as you can, along with video if you have it and your logo.
- Choose as many of the categories as are appropriate for your business.
- If you earn reviews here, they can help you in the organic results and the carousel. (Check this out: Study: Google Reviews Determine Local Carousel Rankings)
Look at these results for “ticonderoga hotels”:
Because there are no Ticonderoga NY hotel websites with Google+ optimization designed to help them be found locally with review ratings, Google will choose the closest physical location that has stars to show, in this case, Middlebury VT.
What else matters for local search results in 2014?
- Content. Content. Content.
- Social media – social business.
- Mobile…(have you looked at your site on an iPhone recently? Hm….)
Call Pam Wehrman Sissons today at (518) 222-6285, or contact me here for information on our Local SEO programs, and put your business on the map! Serving Albany to Plattsburgh, Glens Falls, the Champlain Valley and Ticonderoga with SEO, website design and content marketing.