Top 10 Blog Titles You Should Be Using!
As a business owner, you know content is critically important for growing traffic to your website and showcasing your business. You have listened to your digital marketing consultants and set aside the time to do it. You’ve got your computer fired up, a fresh cup of coffee, and you’re ready to go. And…crickets. No inspiration. It seems as though all the great ideas that were running through your head while you were working, in the shower, or running to the grocery store have completely disappeared.
No worries! We are providing you with top 10 blog titles you should be using to create your next blog post. Browse this list and get all the inspiration you need to write your next post in a format that is engaging and highly readable.
1. How To DIY
Do-it-yourself blogs for home decor, fashion and crafts are among the most searched content on the internet. Do you sell fashion or beauty products? Give some tips or instruction. Are you a physical therapist? Some easy stretches to do at home would be great. You sell and install carpet? How about a do-it-yourself guide for stain removal. The possibilities are endless and allow you to highlight your expertise.
2. Top 10 Anything!
“Top 10 List for ________” or, “10 ways to ________”, whatever relates to your product or service.
People absolutely love lists! Give your “Top 10!”:
- Top 10 Ways to Prepare for Retirement
- Top 10 Tools for Social Media Management
- Top 10 Easiest Crockpot Chicken Recipes
3. Topical Guides
The _________ guide to ___________.
- Grandma’s Guide to Healthy Cookie Baking
- Renters Guide to Finding the Apartment of Your Dreams
- The Traveler’s Guide to Bed and Breakfast Etiquette
Guides are a great way to build trust and share what you know! This is a great way to connect with new customers and engage with your current ones.
4. How-To Steps
“How to______ in 5(or 3, or 10) easy steps”
- How To Organize your Closet in 5 Easy Steps
- Five Steps to Finding the Right Contractor
- Top 10 Ways to Stay Healthy This Winter
(This is great for things like recipes, beauty tips, how to find the right contractor!)
5. Product Comparisons
“Why I like _______ better than ________.”
Product comparisons and reviews are always popular. Target them to your market!
- Why I like [XYZ Brand Name] soap Better Than [XYZ Brand Name] Soap
- Why I Like My iPad Better Than My iPhone
- Amazon vs. The Country Store: Why I Love Shopping Local
6. The Ultimate List
- My Go-To List of Restaurants In _________.
- The Ultimate Craft Beer List
- The Ultimate Destination Wedding Locations List
People love lists! Recipes, books, movies, shopping sites, website… You name it, someone wants to know more about!
7. Monthly,Weekly or Daily Favorites
“Our Favorite ________ of the month is ________”
If you are a lifestyle blogger, for instance, writing about things you have discovered that have become your favorites will become something your readers will follow.
- Favorite Blog Of The Month
- Best Realtor Of the Month
- Favorite Beauty Product of the Week
8. An Open Letter
This is a great avenue for you to write about the things that matter most to give. Sure you are passionate about, things that inspire you, and things that motivate you.
- An Open Letter to Santa Claus
- An Open Letter To Budding Entrepreneurs
- What Smarty-Pants Millennial’s Need To Know
9. Things I wish I Knew…
- Things I Wish I Knew Before I Bought My First Home
- Things I Wish I Knew Before I Got a Dog
- If only I Had Known: A First Time Mom’s Guide to Time Management
Again, this is a great segue into writing about your goals, your dreams, your experience! Here you can talk about how you expanded your business or your knowledge base, and showcase your experience and the value it provides your reader.
10. Easy Tips
- Easy Holiday Table Setting Tips
- Top 10 Tips for Easy Entertaining
- Easy Tips for Creating Great Email Signatures
These are great for reaching out to your readers or customer base in a number of ways. How about easy tips for cleaning and storing makeup brushes, choosing the right gift for an elderly grandparent, or organizing your online files?
Photos, Images & Graphics
The value of having good images or graphics in your blog posts cannot be overstated! People are visual…especially when they are online all the time and they are inundated with content. Making your posts visual and engaging is one of the cornerstones of a successful blog strategy.
Of course, posting your own images is always highly personal and the best way to reach your audience. There are also many ways to access great photography online. Some is free, most is not. A word of caution: never take images directly off of another website or from Google Images! These are nearly allcopyrighted and the property of someone else, and you may find yourself facing a huge problem. Fortunately, there are lots of great places to get free images. Here are some tips to help you find great high resolution and artful content for your blog:
These websites offer images that are free for your use, but always be sure to check for copyright restrictions before using:
Note: These sites provide photographs that are free from copyright restrictions or licensed under creative commons public domain. This means you can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission. However, some photos may require attribution. We recommend that you do own research and determine exactly how these images can be used.